- Exquisite Blue Carbon Fiber Tungsten Carbide Ring.
- Available in 8mm.
- Tarnish-resistant. Best ability to hold shine.
- Hypoallergenic. Good choice for people with sensitive skins or metal allergies.
- Permanently Polished. No re-polishing needed.
- Low maintenance.
Low Maintenance, Tough, and Affordable
How Tungsten Metal Becomes Tungsten Jewelry
Tungsten is a hard and dense metal, with a high melting point. However, when it is combined with carbon alloy, it transforms into tungsten carbide (WC): one of the coolest metals on the jewelry market.
The proper composition of tungsten carbide to have in a ring is about 85% and the rest nickel, which is the purity level of all tungsten carbide rings carried by us. This optimal purity level gives the metal the most scratch resistant. Any more, the ring will become too brittle and any less, the metal will become too soft.
Tungsten Carbide rings are both visually stunning and incredibly durable for years of everyday use. Washing dishes? Working in the yard? You don't need to remove your tungsten ring to protect its finish or because it's uncomfortable.
All of our tungsten rings have a permanent polish, so you know your ring will look as magnificent 50 years from now as the day you bought it. Tungsten jewelry will also hold their shape for a lifetime.
Tungsten carbide is four times harder than titanium and twice as hard as steel, so tungsten jewelry is virtually scratch-proof. And because our tungsten rings and tungsten wedding bands are comfort-fit, you won't ever have a reason to take it off. We do not carry rings made of 100% pure tungsten, as they would basically turn to powder without carbon or alloy.
Tungsten vs. Titanium
Many people think Tungsten and Titanium are very similar metals but in reality, they are actually very different. If you were to hold a tungsten ring and a titanium ring in your hands, the first thing you would notice is the weight.
Titanium is very light weight. It feels as if the ring were made of plastic, many people do not believe they are holding a metal object.
Tungsten, on the other hand, is a very dense metal. It feels as if you are holding a gold ring. Many people prefer the weight and heft of tungsten because they feel that a solid ring should be strong and solid.
After all, one of the reasons people cherish platinum is because it also has a heavy weight. It is very difficult for a tungsten ring to get scratched.
In fact, it is the hardest metal on earth, only non-metals such as diamonds are harder than tungsten. Titanium is about 4 times less hard than tungsten. It is quite easy to scratch a titanium ring.
Is Tungsten Never Supposed to Scratch?
Tungsten carbide is the hardest and most scratch resistant or wear resistant metal known to man. This means it will resist scratching better than any other metal. This does not mean it is scratch proof, i.e. it cannot be scratched.
Tungsten can be scratched by non-metals, such as diamonds, sapphires and other crystals found in rocks. Which is why tungsten rings can be machined and shaped into rings. If it cannot be scratched at all, then that would mean it can never be made into jewelry with different designs and finishes.
Even the hardest material on earth, diamonds, can be scratched. If it could not be, then it would be impossible to cut and polish diamonds into the beautiful shapes that we see at the jewelry store.
It is normal to see small scratches on a tungsten ring over time, especially if the person wearing the ring is constantly working with their hands and is in contact with rocks, construction materials, or any hard, non-metallic materials.
Tungsten does withstand scratching better than any other metal. This means that for the same amount of scratching done on a tungsten ring, it would be 10 times worse for a gold ring. This probably explain why we are seeing an increase demand for Tungsten wedding rings from couples.
Conditions of Use:
1) Our ring sizers are provided free-of-charge for customers who have made a purchase but who are unsure about their ring size.
2) All our sizes are indicated on the product page under 'Ring Size' selection.
3) Please note that some designs do not come in half size. Therefore, you will have to choose the closest size available for the design.
4) Under rare situations where your size is unavailable for a particular design, we will issue you with store credits of the same amount, to make another purchase.
5) The Ring sizer usually reaches your mailbox by express mail around afternoon within Singapore the next working day. For international customers, it will take a few days more.
Printable DIY Ring Size Measuring Kit
1) All our sizes are indicated on the product page under 'Ring Size' selection.
2) Please note that some designs do not come in half size. Therefore, you will have to choose the closest size available for the design.
Common Ring Size Reference Chart
More detailed version below
International Ring Size Detailed Conversion Chart
Singapore: Approx. 2 to 14 days.
Rest of Asia: Approx. 5 to 14 days.
International: Approx. 7 to 14 days.
Standard delivery applies to all products unless otherwise stated. Please note that the above shipping times are just estimated quotes by the courier companies. Hence we cannot be liable or held responsible for any delays after dispatch. Delays do occasionally happen as there are many uncontrollable factors in the process of shipment and production especially during peak periods. Please rest assure that Tiara.com.sg will do our utmost to limit any difficulties that may arise.